In this article, let’s discover how a software solution is a major asset for QHSE (Quality, Health, Safety, Environment) performance.
Measures and KPIs
QHSE performance is measured in several ways, using different key performance indicators (KPIs).
Here are some examples of QHSE performance indicators:
- Safety incident rate: the number of safety incidents (accidents, injuries, occupational illnesses) in relation to the total number of hours worked or the number of workers.
- Incident Frequency Rate: The total number of security incidents per million hours worked.
- Incident severity rate: the severity of security incidents (measured by the number of days off work, for example) compared to the total number of hours worked.
- Quality standards compliance rate: The percentage of compliance with quality standards (e.g. ISO 9001) for processes, products or services.
- Customer satisfaction rate: the percentage of customers satisfied with products or services, measured by satisfaction surveys
- Environmental standards compliance rate: the percentage of compliance with environmental standards (e.g. ISO 14001) for processes, products or services.
- Waste reduction rate: the percentage reduction in waste generated by the company.
- Greenhouse gas emissions reduction rate: the percentage reduction in greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions generated by the company.
- Energy consumption reduction rate: the percentage reduction in energy consumption (electricity, gas, etc.) compared to a reference period.
Frequency and progression
These QHSE performance indicators can be measured regularly (for example, every month, quarter or year) and compared to predefined performance objectives. The results are presented in the form of dashboards, graphs or other visual elements to facilitate the understanding and communication of the results.
The performance software solution provides all the tools to progress in a standardized way. Its main advantages are:
native indicator calculations,
the creation of dashboards dedicated to heterogeneous audiences,
the production of screens for entering non-conformities, by sector of the company,
In other words these elements feed the visual management for QHSE performance.